Action Alert! November 29 Fight for $15 National Day of Action
The Fight for $15 movement began four years ago to uplift low-wage, exploited workers in field predominated by women and people of color. It has already improved the lives of many families. During this post-election season, you can make a significant difference by standing up for a higher minimum wage.
On Tuesday, November 29, local fast-food, airport, and other underpaid workers in over 330 cities are taking action in their largest protest yet to demand a $15 an hour minimum wage and the freedom to form a union for 64 million workers making poverty wages.
Please join us for any or all of the November 29 actions
- 6 AM Fast Food Strike and Picket
- Location: Central Square McDonald’s (463 Mass Ave, Cambridge)
- 11:30 AM Airport Workers Rally
- Location: Memorial Park in East Boston (143 Porter St, Boston)
- 1 PM Jewish Community Meet-Up
- Location: corner of Park St. and Beacon St. in Boston
- Co-sponsored by JALSA, the Boston Workmen’s Circle, the Moishe Kavod House, and the Harvard Progressive Jewish Alliance. Please email us if you would also like to co-sponsor this event.
- 1:30 PM Raise Up Massachusetts Announcement
- Location: State House (24 Beacon St, Boston)