New England Jewish Labor Committee Program Associate Position
Job Description: Provides support for all areas of JLC operations, including member and activist outreach, event planning, communications, and donation management.
Reporting to the New England JLC Regional Director, the JLC Program Associate will:
- Take major responsibility for JLC’s Campus Initiative, including working with Student Fellows on college campuses to organize educational programs for students about Jewish Labor history and engaging them in actions that support workers.
- Assist in event planning for JLC’s Labor Seder, the organization’s major annual event, including the following areas: outreach, publicity, doing mailings, fundraising, logistics, and production of the Haggadah/Program book.
The Labor Seder is a unique intergenerational interfaith celebration during which Jewish and labor community leaders and activists build bridges, engage around the current struggles of working people, and build energy for working together.
- Build relationships with potential supporters and activists in the Boston-area Jewish community, engage them JLC’s worker and workplace rights work, and assist in growing JLC membership base.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and outreach for events and rallies.
- Assist with administrative work, including preparing mailings, updating the JLC database, processing donations, and taking notes at JLC Board meetings.
- Be a key player in JLC Boston communications, including drafting and sending out e-blasts updates, as well as maintaining JLC Boston’s social media presence and updating the JLC website.
- Engage and support volunteers to participate regularly in rallies and other visibilities, collect signatures, help with JLC’s annual Labor Seder, and participate in other JLC activities.
- Represent the Jewish Labor Committee at some community/labor meetings.
The JLC Program Associate candidate will have excellent office skills, and demonstrated experience in community organizing or outreach. Experience with Salesforce and WordPress preferred.
- The Program Associate’s work will be roughly divided 50/50 over the course of the year between outreach/organizing and office/administrative, however the breakdown for any given day / week / month may vary considerably, depending on priority projects at hand at that time, as determined by the JLC Boston Executive Director.
- The Program Associate will be expected to be available to work on some evenings and weekends, for protests, rallies and other events, as well as to assist at Board meetings.
Salary: $40,000 plus benefits
Send resumes and a cover letter to: Marya Axner, Regional Director: firstname.lastname@example.org