The Jewish Labor Committee is the Jewish voice in the labor movement, and the voice of the labor movement in the Jewish community. Highlights from our victories can be found here.
Our current issues and campaigns include:
- Ongoing campaigns to support janitors, hospitality workers, adjunct and part-time faculty, and domestic workers
- Raise Up Massachusetts coalition legislation:
- Paid Family and Medical Leave will ensure that Massachusetts workers are not forced to choose between work and their own health needs or the well-being of their children and other family members.
- Fair Share Constitutional Amendment will invest in quality public schools, affordable higher education, and a transportation system that works by creating an additional tax of four percentage points on annual income above one million dollars.
- Fight for $15 will make sure that all residents in Massachusetts can earn living wage of $15 an hour, so they can make ends meet.
- The Domestic Workers Oral History Project and implementation of the Domestic Workers Bill of Rights
- The Moral Revival movement
Left to right: Nahma Nadich, Rabbi David Jaffe, Rabbi Allan Lehmann